Abuja - Parents and relatives of over 200 schoolgirls abducted by members of Boko Haram sect from the Government Secondary School Chibok last have held a service to commemorate the missing children.
CAJ News established that the service was held at the premises of the school where the girls were abducted by the insurgents.
The minors were kidnapped from their hostels on the night of April 14 last year.
Chairman of Borno State chapter of the Christians Association of Nigeria (CAN), Reverend Titus Poona admonished the parents with word of God and prayed for the release of the missing girls.
He also prayed for peace in Borno State and Nigeria at large.
Also Read: Nigerian military focus on area abducted girls believed held
The parents of the missing girls said the last year has been characterized by agony and pain, blaming the Nigerian government for doing little to rescue their daughters from the stranglehold of the Boko Haram insurgents.
The wonder if they would ever reunite with their daughters again.
“We have gone through one year of pain and agony, many of the parents have died many are nursing one sickness or the other. Can you say the federal government is doing anything to rescue our daughters? If the daughter of the President is among them, do you think they would still remains with the captors up till now,” Mariam Abubakar, a mother of one the missing girls, said.
Nigeria and the international community on Tuesday commemorated a year into the abduction of the minors.
Efforts to rescue the children have been unsuccessful with their whereabouts unknown.
- CAJ News