Konduga - Residents fled the northern town of Konduga on Tuesday after armed suspects disguised as soldiers shot dead dozens of people in a mosque just before morning prayers.
The massacre in Konduga in Borno State happened early on Sunday and has been blamed on Boko Haram.
A separate attack late Saturday in Ngom village in the nearby Mafa Local Government Area in Borno State left 12 people dead, according to local officials. Details have been slow to emerge amid a phone blackout imposed by the military in the area.
An AFP reporter saw residents streaming out of Konduga carrying suitcases on Tuesday, as Borno's Governor Kashim Shettima visited the town with journalists.
One woman said she was heading with her two daughters to the state capital Maiduguri roughly 30 kilometres (18 miles) away after her husband and son were shot dead in the attack.
"They were killed by Boko Haram in the mosque," she said, requesting anonymity.
Officials had previously given a death of toll of 44, but local leaders later said that 47 people had been killed.
Zanna Masu Yale, district head in Konduga, said "43 bodies were counted in the morning, but we discovered four more corpses later," adding that 36 people had been injured.
Resident Babagana Bulama said the gunmen arrived in the town early Sunday morning as people were gathering for morning prayers at a mosque in the Tsohuwar Kasuwa area.
"They came through the western side of our town in convoy of cars. They were in military camouflage," he said.
Boko Haram has previously worn military uniforms while carrying out attacks.