Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.

 

Sex-starved man demands N1.2m refund

19 December 2012, 14:36

Abuja - Malam Mukailu Naibi of Keke Village, Kaduna, whose wife allegedly starved him of sex for two years, on Wednesday demanded N1.2 million as compensation from the wife’s parents before an Abuja Area Court.

Naibi, while testifying at the resumed hearing of the case, told the court that the amount, covered the bride price he paid before marrying Maryam, his wife.

He also told the court that the amount also covered the cost of damages done to the house after Maryam allegedly set the house on fire before fleeing to court to seek divorce.

He also tendered written documents with records of all expenses made on his estranged wife and her parents, in addition to a witness to testify in his favour.

Naibi, aged 37, had told the court that his wife had refused to make love to him since they got married two years ago.

He also accused her of setting their house on fire.

"Your Worship, since we got married two years ago, my wife never allowed me to make love to her for once and all my attempts to do it always led to fighting.

"I married her out of love and I still love her, but with this development, I have no choice, but to ask the court to grant her divorce wish for the sake of peace," Naibi said.

In her testimony, Maryam, who is 16 years old told the court that her husband made love to her once, but that she was not impressed and so she wanted a divorce.

"I don't love him, I don't love anybody who bears his name and I hate anybody who loves him,'' she told the court.

Maryam’s mother who was her only witness in court denied most of Naibi’s claims but admitted some, saying that Maryam’s father was in a better position to clarify some issues.

The Judge, Haruna Masanawa, after hearing all the submissions of the parties in the case, ordered the court's registrar to summons more witnesses, including Maryam’s father.

He adjourned the case to January 16, 2013 for further hearing.

- NAN

NEXT ON NEWS24 NIGERIAX

Read News24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
1 comment
Add your comment
Comment 0 characters remaining

Read more from our Users

Submitted by
Rotimi Opeyeoluwa
Fayose weill bring about a return...

The speculation had been rife for some time that Abuja, nay the ruling People’s Democratic Party, (PDP), has long concluded plans about capturing the South-West at all cost. Read more...

Submitted by
Peregrino Brimah
Letter to 1 mllion youth defraude...

For too long, Nigerians have lacked and missed opportunities of true growth, true strength, true progress, true peace, true prosperity and true national competitiveness. Read more...

Submitted by
Peregrino Brimah
Death everywhere: The consequence...

Everywhere we look in Nigeria today and see death; it is not an accident. It is the price the people pay for the corruption of the government.  Read more...

Submitted by
Tque Majolagbe
Much ado about GDP rebasing

Over the years, successive governments in Nigeria have always bamboozled us with great terminologies such as GDP, per capita and other macroeconomic indices. Read more...

Submitted by
Peregrino Brimah
Who massacred the Fulani In Keana...

The chronology of the events that lead up to the attack on the Fulani settlement in Nasarawa State which left up to 30 people dead. Read more...

Submitted by
Peregrino Brimah
#XYZMassacre: We want A Revolutio...

Which massacre? Yobe? Borno? Adamawa? Plateau? Katsina? Kaduna? Benue? Nasarawa? The hashtag, “#XYZmassacre” has become the inevitably appropriate marker for the Nigerian holocaust.  Read more...