Lagos - A newly married couple were reportedly suffocated by fumes from a generator at their Ikot Omin residence in Calabar, Vanguard reports.
The couple were said to have switched on the generating set and placed it very close to their room. The fumes from the generator which diffused into the room choked the couple and the younger sister to the wife to death while they were asleep.
The lifeless bodies of the three family members were later found hours later by a relative who visited the couple.
Spokesman of the Cross River State Police Command, Hogan Bassey confirmed the incident and said their remains have been deposited in the hospital.
Read more at Vanguard