Abuja - A two-year-old girl has passed away after she was burnt in a fire on at a residence on Ilaje Road, Ibafo, in the Obafemi Owode area of Ogun State, PUNCH reports.
The fire, which was allegedly caused when gallons of petrol caught alight in the residence, ravaged the entire building as residents ran for safety.
Also read: Boko Haram uses children as human bombs
A resident in the area, identified only as Ajayi, has reported that the petrol kept in the apartment was part of an illegal fuel sale run by the residents.
Muhammadu Isa, a victim of the blaze, has lamented the development and has reported that he and his family have yet to find a new place to stay.
Read more at PUNCH