Yola - Hospital officials in Adamawa have
lauded public response to the call to donate blood to victims of Tuesday night
blast in Yola.
The Chief Medical Director of Yola Specialist Hospital, Dr
Bala Sa’id and the Public Relations Officer of Federal Medical Centre Yola,
Malam Adamu Dodo, made the commendation in separate interviews with the News
Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Yola.
Said said "the turnout was huge; we received many people
who turned out to donate blood for the victims.’’
He dismissed speculations that some patients were made to
purchase drugs, adding that "treatment is free.
Also read: Yobe blast: Pregnant woman among the deceased
"Apart from the state government, we also got support from
the Victim Support Fund to ensure free treatment of victims.’’
He said many out of the 30 people on admission had received
treatment and now discharged.
"Many have been discharged; I can’t give you the exact
number of the people discharged now because I was not the doctor that went
round to effect the discharge,’’ he added.
On his part, Dodo , the PRO of Federal Medical Centre also
lauded the turnout of blood donors at the centre and commended the media for
its role in enlightening the public on the need to donate blood.
Dodo said seven out of the over 30 people receiving
treatment at the hospital had been discharged.
He also declared that treatment of victims at the hospital
was free as directed by government.