Lagos - The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, has decided to discontinue the suit filed against DAAR Communications Plc, the owner of African Independent Television over a documentary titled ‘Lion of Bourdillon’ aired repeatedly on AIT.
The former Lagos State governor had, through his lawyer, Wole Olanipekun (SAN), filed the suit last March claiming that the documentary was targeted at making him look bad in the eye of the public in the build-up to the 2015 general elections.
Justice Iyabode Akinkugbe, who presided over the case, had on April 1, last year, granted Tinubu an interlocutory injunction barring AIT from further airing ‘Lion of Bourdillon’ pending the determination of the suit.
Also read: Tinubu threatens to sue AIT over documentary
At the resumed hearing of the case on Friday, counsels to Tinubu and AIT, Wole Olapinekun (SAN) and Mike Ozekhome (SAN) informed the judge that their clients had settled the case out of court and prayed the court to adopt the terms of settlement they filed as the judgment of the court in the case.
Consequently, Justice Akinkugbe, in a short ruling, adopted the settlement terms as the judgment in the suit.
The judge said DAAR Communications Plc would publicly and unequivocally retract the said documentary “three times, once daily.”
- News 24