Abuja - The Bring Back our Girls (BBOG)
campaign has called on government to check the possible misuse of money
earmarked for families of school girls terrorists kidnapped in Chibok.
The concern comes ahead of Wednesday, which will mark 660
days since the Boko Haram sect kidnapped the more than 200 girls at the Chibok
Government School in 2014.
“On another note, the BBOG group has warned government
agencies against siphoning funds meant for the rehabilitation and welfare of
the abducted girls’ parents,” the group said.
“We will continue to demand from our government and
remind them that all Nigerian lives matter.”
Also Read: March planned to demand rescue of Chibok girls
Meanwhile, the group noted recently, two suicide bombers
killed 16 people and injured many others at a market and military checkpoint in
This occurred last week when the market was reopened
after a long period of closure.
BBOG said in reaction to this, the Military had placed a
curfew on the town in order to track down other intending bombers.
“We are however yet to receive any public address by the
President on this.”
- CAJ News