Abuja - The Ayuba Wabba-led Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has insisted that the industrial action slated for Wednesday will go on as planned.
The labour union made its position known after walking out of a meeting with representatives of the federal government Tuesday night in Abuja.
This is contrary to the agreement the Joe Ajaero-led faction of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) had with the federal government team led by Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomhole.
Also read: Court stops Labour from going on strike over fuel price hike
Oshiomhole while the addressing journalists said the union reached an agreement with federal government to set up a committee to resolve agitations over the new pump price of petrol.
He said the committee is expected to address the downward review of the pump price, determine new minimum wage and consult with the PPPRA for effective price regulation of petroleum products.
The federal government in reaction to the planned strike has said it will implement the 'No-work No-pay policy' for any worker that participates in the industrial action.
The Nation Industrial Court had earlier restrained the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and other labour unions from embarking on their proposed strike on Wednesday.
The Federal Government had on Tuesday dragged the NLC, TUC and their affiliates before the National Industrial Court seeking to stop the looming strike threatened by the Labour group over the fuel pump price increment.
- News 24