Abuja - The Presidency has dismissed allegations
former President Goodluck Jonathan's bank accounts had been frozen.
It also denied stopping the allowances due to Jonathan.
Protesting youths on Thursday made the allegations in
Bayelsa State Jonathan's home state.
“The allegation by demonstrators in Bayelsa State on
Thursday that allowances due to a former president have been stopped and his
bank accounts frozen is patently untrue,” responded the Presidency through a
statement by Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media
Shehu said the Presidency believed there is "a clear
motive for the demonstration that is different from that which was being
Also read: Goodluck Jonathan speaks out on his involvement with the
“This is a premeditated attempt to blame President Muhammadu
Buhari for something he knows nothing about.”
Shehu said the claims are false and poorly sourced to
present a picture of vendetta.
“President Buhari remains committed to the ideals of justice
and fairness to all, irrespective of creed, religion and political leanings.
His administration will not engage in vendetta.”
There have been rumours Jonathan was under probe for alleged
corruption blamed on the immediate past government.
- CAJ News