Abuja - A section of the Christ Embassy Church in Ikeja, Lagos, was gutted on Wednesday after a fire broke out, Punch reports.
Alleged to have started as a result of an electrical spark in the switch room of the church, the fire was quelled in 30 minutes by active firefighters who made their way to the scene timeously.
Meanwhile, three shops are alleged to have been affected by fire at the Alaba International Market in Ojo.
Also read: 90 shops gutted by fire at Yola market
Although the damage has not yet been ascertained, electronic items within the three shops are said to have been destroyed as a result of the blaze.
Amodu Shakiru, Spokesperson for the Lagos State Fire Service, confirmed the two incidents while urging citizens to be more safety conscious in order to avoid such tragedies in future.
Read more at Punch