Abuja - Former National Security Adviser (NSA) Col. Mohammed Sambo Dasuki, is approaching the Sureme Court to challenge his continued detention and the flouting of court orders for his release.
After he lost his bid at the Court of Appeal in Abuja on Wednesday, his legal representative said appeal papers have been put together to be filed at the country’s apex court.
Also read: Buhari’s certificate suit adjourned indefinitely
Ahmed Raji, his lawyer, said there were sufficient grounds for his client to approach the Supreme Court to seek the enforcement of his freedom from detention ordered by the federal government after he had been granted bail by three Judges who are prosecuting him on the charges.
He added Dasuki was unafraid to stand trial on the charges the government has brought against him.
Dasuki (61), the NSA from 2012 to 2015 during the reign of then-President Goodluck Jonathan, has been in detention since December 2015 following his arrest by the State Security Services.
He is alleged to have misappropriated US$2 billion as funds meant for the purchasing of arms for the military.
The arrest is part of President Muhammadu Buhari’s crackdown on corruption but critics argue the arrest is to frustrate officials from the previous administration of Jonathan.
- CAJ News