Lagos - 17 buildings were razed by fire on Monday in the Ikota, Lekki-Ajah area of Lagos State, after a resident left a lighted candle in his room, Punch reports.
A section of a branch of Access Bank in the Ojo area of the state was also affected by the fire incident.
The fire incident began around 12.34am, while some of the residents were asleep.
Also read: Fire guts two buildings in Lagos
The Director of the Lagos State Fire Service, Rasak Fadipe, said the agency deployed firefighters from the Lekki Fire Station in the scene.
It was gathered that the section of the Access Bank at Ojo Alaba International Market went up in flames around 8am on Monday.
The fire, which started from the air conditioner, was said to have been caused by a power surge.
Read more at Punch
- News 24