Abuja – President Muhammadu Buhari has reportedly said that he is ready to be investigated by the country’s various anti-graft agencies on any corruption-related allegations.
The president, who spoke to the media as he marked his one year in office said he was also ready to be probed over his 2015 campaign fund.
According to Daily Post, Buhari also vowed not to spare anyone implicated in the $2.1 billion arms deal.
"I don't know whether I have some officials protection. If I don’t have it, why haven’t you started the investigation…," Buhari was quoted as saying.
Buhari however, dashed the hopes of millions of Nigerians on Sunday after he refused to unveil the names of looters and the amount of looted assets recovered so far in the country .
The president had initially promised to disclose the figure during his Democracy Day speech.
He however, assured the nation that the ministry of information and culture would publish the details periodically, adding that a "significant amount of assets" had been recovered.
- News24 Nigeria