Abuja - Clinical Biologist, Bamidele Mutiu from the Lagos
State University Teaching Hospital has warned Nigerians to stay away from
consuming soaked garri in order to prevent the spread of Lassa fever, Naij reported.
The health expert has discouraged the consumption of soaked
garri because of the huge spread of the fever. Also Mutiu expressed that people
are likely to be infected with Lassa because of house rats that are in contact
with garri while it is still soaked.
Also read: Medical doctor dies of Lassa fever in Osun
Further, Mutiu states that once garri is processed it does
not go through any heating process which is dangerous.
Mutiu advised that when people are about to eat eba they
should put it on fire as the heat kills any pathogens that are present.
For more on this story visit Naij