Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


NNPC staff shun directive, fail to declare assets

14 June 2016, 09:38

Abuja - An investigation has revealed that more than 1,500 staff employed by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) have shunned a directive ordering them to declare their assets to the company.

According to a Naij report, as of May 2016, only just over 70 percent of the staff contingent at the NNPC had complied with the order, leaving approximately 30 percent of staff assets still undeclared.

Also read: Shell probing new claim of Nigeria pipeline attack

“What obtained before August 4, 2015, when the corporation got a new group managing director in person of Dr Ibe Kachikwu is that nobody cares about whether anybody declares assets or not,” a senior staff of NNPC disclosed under the condition of anonymity, New Telegraph reports.

In addition, a report compiled by KPMG indicated that the corporation deducted subsidy claims to the tune of N28.5 billion between 2007 and 2009 alone, and has since been unable to account of the amount.

Read more at Naij

- News24

Tags nnpc

Read more from our Users

Nigeria @ 56: Words to my green f...

A leader’s job is not to dictate, but rather to be respected, admired and be a trustee, of the land we love, with so much potential, a land which should be freer than free. Its still a long way to fufilling our destiny! Read more...

Submitted by
Isaac Asabor263
Recession: An opportunity for Nig...

The recession should be seen as an opportunity for the country’s promotion as long as we all collectively conduct ourselves in a patriotic manner, writes Isaac Asabor.  Read more...

Submitted by
Black and White

We want to imitate the whites in everything because we are ignorant of our inherent originality and content. We spend all our Naira to acquire his inventions because we so oblivious of our natural endowments that we allow him have it for free. Read more...

Submitted by
Nate Nat
Adamawa State University Mubi: A ...

ADSU integrity forum has accused the Sunday Joshua Wugira, a lawyer, of adopting unorthodox tactics by abusing his privilege by attacking the integrity of ADSU Vice Chancellor Dr. Moses Zira Zaruwa, writes a News24 reader. Read more...

Submitted by
Abdulsalam Jubril
My Country Nigeria (Part One)

Poetry by Abdulsalam Jubril.

Submitted by
Abdulsalam Jubril
Recession, dearth in leadership a...

Every leader has the opportunity to become great and making himself immortal in the lives and hearts of people for generations to come. Will Mr. President seize this opportunity?, questions Abdulsalam Jubril. Read more...