Abuja - An 80-year-old man has allegedly lost his life in an inferno in the Surulere LGA of Lagos State.
According to a Naij report, Godwin Oyia died when a fire started at the last room on the top floor of the building where the elderly man was using a boiling ring.
Also read: Muslim woman says man set her blouse on fire on NYC street
Spreading at a rapid rate throughout the property, the top floor of the building was left completely burnt out, with the deceased found in a state beyond recognition.
Michael Akindele, General Manager at the Lagos State Emergency Agency (LASEMA), has since assured that a thorough investigation will be conducted into the matter, while calling on residents to switch off all electrical appliances whilst they are not in use in the home.
Read more at Naij