Abuja - There was a minor fire incident which affected some parts of the Press Centre situated within the premises of the PDP National Secretariat in Abuja on Monday.
This is contained in a statement signed by the PDP’s National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh, in Abuja on Monday.
Metuh said the fire, caused by some electrical faults at about 8.15 p.m., was promptly put off by men of the Federal Fire Service.
The unit houses the Press Corps Centre and an extension of Metuh’s office.
"The PDP rules out any form of sabotage or attack and hereby wishes to inform all our members and teeming supporters that the fire has since been put under control,’’ the party official said in the statement.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page.