Abuja - The Non-National Working Committee (NWC) Members’ Forum of the All Progressives Congress has handed down a 14-day ultimatum to the Chairman of the party, John Oyegun
The forum is demanding that Oyegun convene the National Executive Council (NEC) meeting of the party.
The members, after their meeting held at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja, alleged that the leadership of the party had ignored the APC Constitution.
The body, consisting of National Executive Committee (NEC) members of the party, urged that the quarterly NEC meeting should be religiously held to ensure an open administration and participatory system envisaged by the party’s constitution.
In a communique, the forum also demanded inauguration of APC Board of Trustees as provided in the party's Constitution
The five-point communique was signed by National Ex-Officio, Southwest and Coordinator Non NWC Officers, Hon. Omolaoye O. Akintola.
Read the full-statement below:
Rising from the above body’s latest meeting held on the 20th of October 2016 at the National Secretariat of the Party in Abuja.
The body consisting of National Officers of NEC who are not members of the National Working Committee unanimously resolved as follows;
That the present Leadership of the Party has grossly erred to uphold the following APC Constitutional provisions:
Article 25(Ai) which provides that “The National Convention off the Party (APC) shall be held once in two (2) years at a date, time and venue to be recommended by the National Working Committee and approved by the National Executive Committee (of Which we are members) subject to the giving of statutory norms to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and at least fourteen (14) days’ notice given eligible members to attend”. This provision has not been observed by the present National Leadership and we hereby call for the invocation of this section.
2. Article 25,B: National Executive Committee Sec B (i) Provides that “ the National Executive Committee shall meet every quarter and or at any time decided by the National Chairman or at the request made in writing by at least two third of the members of the National Executive Committee provided that not less than fourteen (14) days’ notice is given for the meeting to be summoned. The above section B (i) has been equally violated and we equally hereby call for a redress.
3. Also Article 12 – BOARD OF TRUSTEES.
The above article of the constitution provides for party Board of Trustees to ensure smooth running, stable and well-focused party leadership and followership whereas Board of Trustees has not been inaugurated which ordinarily supposed to have been done well over a year ago.
This forum is hereby strongly demanding and requesting for a prompt inauguration of Reviewed list of the Board of Trustees without further foot dragging.
4. The Forum wishes to reiterate through this communique our heart displeasure for non-reply of the two letters dated 16th of October 2015 captioned “A plea to redress the continued neglect of the non – NWC (NEC) members”.
And the second letter dated: 16th Dec. 2015 titled “RE: A Plea to redress the continued neglect of Non – NWC (NEC) members” properly addressed to the National Chairman of our Party which were acknowledged. Copies of the letter dated 16/12/15 were sent to some party leaders for their information and appropriate action as might be deemed fit with the above position, the Non – NWC members’ forum is strongly demanding the following from the incumbent National Leadership of our Party.
1. That All Progressives Congress Constitutional Provisions should be legitimately followed henceforth and necessary redress be made.
2. That the forum is hereby demanding for a prompt inauguration of our Party Board of Trustees as provided in the Party Constitution.
3. That the present incumbent Leadership of the Party is hereby called upon to give appropriate responses and actions to the two letters previously written to The National Chairman of the Party which were properly acknowledged.
4. That mandated quarterly NEC meeting as provided by our party constitution should be religiously followed henceforth to ensure that an open administration and participatory system of Party running is embraced by the National Party Leadership which would be replicated to the Party Unit level.
5. The forum hereby gives an ultimatum to the National Chairman to as a matter of urgency convene a National Executive Committee NEC meeting within 14 days of this publication.
- News 24