Abuja - Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar on Sunday denied being part of a conspiracy against President Muhammdau Buhari.
Atiku said insinuation that he used the cover of a foreign medical trip to host an anti-Buhari parley was wrong.
He dismissed an allegation that he had been hosting political meetings at Burj Al-Arab, Dubai, to frustrate Buhari.
Atiku in a statement issued by his Media Adviser, Paul Ibe on Sunday, said contrary to the rumours being bandied around by political opponents, he was currently in Dubai with his family for physiotherapy on his injured knee.
Also read: Buhari, Atiku hold secret meeting
Atiku said he was embarrassed by the deliberate falsehoods being spread against him by political opponents who are bent on causing distraction for president Buhari at a time all energies should be channelled into helping the president actualise his change agenda.
The statement read, “This is yet another plot by the enemies of our country and democracy to divide, divert attention and distract the APC in its avowed commitment to secure the country, provide jobs for the unemployed youths, build the needed critical infrastructure, enthrone a regime of probity and accountability and pull the country out of the economic woods it has been consigned to by locust years of mismanagement.
“Whether at home or abroad, the Turaki is preoccupied with his unassailable support to president Buhari and his administration, especially at this critical time, as he works assiduously to turn the fortunes of our dear country around and make Nigeria work for the greater good of all.
“Rumour-mongers are toxic to the progress of the APC and the country at large. The campaigns are gone, and therefore, all energies should be constructively devoted to the success of the Buhari administration.”
- News 24