Lagos - With the rise and dominance of social networking tools, a
person or even a company's reputation can be made or broken online.
Igniyte is offering a free e-book to help people manage their online reputations.
online reputations are more important than ever – so protecting them is
a modern business and personal essential," said publication author
The book helps you manage particularly how your
reputation is affected by the first page of Google search results. This
may impact on many aspects of your life, from job prospects to personal
Here are five easy ways to ensure your online reputation stays positive from Igniyte:
1. Monitor search results for your own name and set up alerts so you know when it appears online.
2. Control your own digital assets. Make sure you own the accounts - even if you don't use them.
3. Fight negative content with new content.
To do this, set up a Google+ profile and blog;
- Post articles about interests and areas of professional expertise
- Use social media to ensure your assets rank for your own name.
- Contact websites featuring defamatory content about you.
- If the above doesn’t work, use the Google Removal Tool to attempt to do it yourself
4. Make sure social and web assets are secure and keep control of external posts and comments.
5. Think twice before signing up to websites – your information could be used elsewhere – and read the Terms and Conditions.
You can download the e-book here.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport,
entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page.