London - Researchers in the UK have said snails can spread a deadly parasite to dogs – and they travel faster than most people believe.
The British scientists from the University of Exeter found that snails are able to carry the parasite called Angiostrongylus vasorum more than a metre per hour.
They said the lungworm is a particularly dangerous threat to dogs, as they can be infected when accidentally eating slugs they come across in the garden or on dog toys.
"They are not just lettuce munchers, they are carriers of parasites that can kill your dogs," one of the researchers, Dr Hodgson, said
Read more at BBC News.