Barcelona - Barcelona coach Luis Enrique does not want Pedro
to leave but will respect whatever decision the Spain forward makes about his
future, he said on Tuesday.
Pedro, 27, revealed on Monday the Spanish and European
champions had received offers for him after agreeing to trim the size of his
buyout clause and amid reports he is poised to join English champions Chelsea.
A World Cup and European Championship winner with Spain,
Pedro lost his place in the Barca starting lineup following the arrival of
Uruguay striker Luis Suarez last year.
Also read: Barca have had offers for me, forward Pedro says
Luis Enrique used Pedro mainly as a substitute last term and
he came on in the Champions League final to set up Neymar to score the third
goal in a 3-1 victory over Juventus.
"I don't want anyone to leave but there is a
clause," Luis Enrique told a post-training news conference.
"We have to respect his decision," added the
former Barca and Spain midfielder, who led the club to a treble of Champions
League and Spanish league and Cup titles in his first season in charge in
"I do not deceive anyone and I do not guarantee anyone
playing time. It will be his personal decision."
Barca begin the defence of their La Liga title at Athletic
Bilbao next month, after they meet the Basque club in the Spanish Super Cup and
Europa League champions Sevilla in the European Super Cup.For
the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us
on Twitter and like our Facebook page.