Abuja - The 3-year ban FIFA imposed on former Nigeria CAF and FIFA Executive Committee member, Dr. Amos Adamu, has ended.
A statement by his Media Assistant, Dapo Sotiminu, said the ban expired at 12 mid night of October 19.
The statement, however, quotes Adamu as saying that will not make him be in a hurry to return to football administration in CAF, FIFA and WAFU.
"My interest is not to rush back to the international federations. I am delighted that my ban has expired and I am free to contribute to the development of football and sports generally in Nigeria, Africa and the World at large”.
It said that the former WAFU president had learnt lots of lessons during his period of isolation.
According to the statement, he will be delving more into sports business rather than administration.
"My focus is different now. Those expecting me to rush back into football administration will be disappointed.
"I want to engage serious business in sports. I am now a different person. This is the new Amos Adamu.
"I went through some transformations, which had been worthwhile. I am now wiser,’’ the statement said.
Adamu expressed delight at the support he received from the leadership of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), the Sports Ministry and the National Sports Commission (NSC) during the period.
It noted that a former sports minister, Prof. Taoheed Adedoja, stood firmly by him.
"I am also grateful to the leadership of the National Assembly that made efforts to ensure that I was not unjustly humiliated after presenting them with documented evidence in print and video,” the statement said.
It said Adamu's consolation, in spite of the 3-year ban, was that FIFA had cleared him of corruption charges and limited his offence to that of "ethics violation."
Adamu was banned in 2010 after the FIFA World Cup in South Africa, following a petition sent to FIFA by a UK bid committee for the FIFA World Cup.