Lagos - Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi said he had not yet decided on who he would entrust with the responsibility of reviving their Africa Cup of Nations qualifying campaign next month.
Keshi, who is still without a permanent contract at the Nigeria Football Federation, said he would only release the list for the Group A qualifier against Sudan next week, as he still had a considerable amount to consider ahead of the October 11 fixture.
"It's still too early to come out with a list, but I am working on it, it should be out by next week," Keshi told journalists.
Keshi, who has been forced to operate under difficult circumstances during the current campaign, explained that the critical factor at this juncture was ensuring that Nigeria got their qualifying campaign back on track.
Also read: Super Eagles slip four places in FIFA ranking
Many have called for changes to be made, after the lacklustre performance against South Africa at the Cape Town Stadium earlier this month. However, Keshi was loathe to make any rash decisions, suggesting that change was not necessarily a good thing.
"Changes? I am not sure, but we will see how it goes. I think what is most important now is to get our qualifier back on track and we are working towards that," said a calm Keshi.
The Nigerian mentor acknowledged that current administrative problems at the Nigeria Football Federation had an adverse effect on the national team, which made his job considerably harder."There are no talks now because there is no board in place at the federation, but hopefully we would get over this because we are supposed to be taking advantage of the gains from the Africa Cup of Nations and World Cup," added Keshi.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page.