Abuja - The Nigeria Football Federation have denied reports
they have been served notice of former Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi’s
decision to drag them before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) for
‘wrongful dismissal’ and ‘defamation of character’.
It had emerged last week that Keshi, who was sacked as
Nigeria coach by the NFF three weeks ago, had dragged the Glass House before
the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), seeking for a N1billion compensation
for ‘wrongful dismissal’ and ‘defamation of character’.
But the NFF have come out to deny reports they have been
served notice of Keshi’s lawsuit.
Also read: Keshi demands N1 billion
“We have not been served,” Okey Obi, head of the NFF legal
department told Brila FM.
“We haven’t received any document from the courts so we are
yet to be served and if there is any case, we have not been served,” Obi said.
The NFF had fired Keshi on July 5, citing clause 4.3 of his
contract which says: “Notwithstanding the provisions set out above or any other
provision in this contract, the federation shall retain the right to terminate
this agreement at any time where it is of the opinion that the coach, as
demonstrated by his performance does not possess the ability or competence to
achieve the federation’s objectives as set out in this contract. In such case,
the NFF shall summarily terminate this contract without prejudice to the
settlement by the parties of any existing financial settlements between them.”
He has since been replaced by his former Nigeria teammate,
the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us
on Twitter and like our Facebook page.