Cape Town - Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes believes Manchester United need to beat Chelsea on Sunday.
Paul Scholes was writing in a column for the Independent and gave his opinion on a few issues going into his former club's game against Chelsea.
Also Read: Scholes slams City's fans lack of support
Top TEN quotes from Paul Scholes ahead of the match:
1. "United need to win. Chelsea will regard anything more than a draw as a bonus."
2. "[Marouane] Fellaini is a good player. Is he an obvious choice to play in midfield for United? No. Would he be the first man you would look to as a second striker off Robin van Persie? No. But he is a great option for Van Gaal, and he has hit some form."
3. "My concern, from United’s point of view, is Radamel Falcao. Is he match-fit? Is he even free of injury? He still does not look quite right to me."
4. "Much will depend on the fitness of Angel Di Maria on Sunday. I love the way Di Maria plays, although I would prefer he gave the ball away a little less."
5. "No one can argue with the strength of Chelsea’s start to the season. They are such a solid team. To describe them as workmanlike would be to do them an injustice, but at the heart of the way they operate is a very simple understanding of how to win football matches."
6. "I have a feeling United can win this game, provided they can keep certain individuals under control. Top of that list will be Eden Hazard,"
7. "Against West Bromwich Albion on Monday, the home side had two chances and took both of them. In many respects I felt United were unlucky."
8. "I believe that in Marcos Rojo and Phil Jones they have the makings of a partnership at centre-half and Sunday will be the kind of test that defines them."
9. "[Phil] Jones has the raw talent. Now it is up to him to show he has the character to tell people what he wants from them."
10. On Angel Di Maria, Scholes said: "He reminds me of Ryan Giggs, who never allowed himself to be fazed on the pitch. If a cross or a shot did not work the first time, he was always sure that it would do so the next time or the time after that. It is a vital quality to have in a creative player.