Lagos - The Confederation of African Football has lifted a
ban from hosting matches imposed on Guinea following the outbreak of Ebola
virus in the country.
CAF said the decision to lift the ban that had been in
effect since August 2014, was as a result of the announcement by World Health
Organisation on December 29, 2015 confirming Guinea Ebola free.
Also read: Accreditation opens for CAF-Glo Awards
A letter signed by the General Secretary of the
Confédération Africaine de Football (CAF), Hicham El Amrani addressed to the
president of the Guinean Football Federation, Salifou Camara, on Monday 4
January 2016, informed him of the lifting of the ban that prevented the member
association from hosting international matches on its territory due to the outbreak
of the Ebola virus.
“CAF has learned with joy and relief the announcement by the
World Health Organization (WHO) on 29 December 2015, officially confirming that
Guinea is now declared Ebola free. CAF thereby confirms lifting the ban on the
organization of continental matches in Guinea, and for all competitions
organized by CAF,” the letter said.For
the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us
on Twitter and like our Facebook page.