Berlin - Germany's minister of justice Heiko Maas has
welcomed the German Football Association's (DFB) decision to go ahead with
Tuesday's friendly against the Netherlands after the Paris terror attacks.
"I am very grateful to the (Germany) team that they are
ready to play," said Maas.
"We should not treat the terrorists to the success of
having had the match cancelled."
The DFB had been considering cancelling the friendly against
the Dutch in Hanover, but on Sunday took the decision to go ahead with the game
with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, and her cabinet including Maas, set to attend.
Also read: German national team back in Paris hotel after bomb scare
The German team spent Friday night in the Stade de France
stadium after playing a friendly against the French the same night when 129
people died and 350 were injured in a series of violent attacks across Paris.
Maas says security will be top priority on Tuesday with a
significant police presence at the German team's hotel where the players
arrived on Monday after being given Sunday off to spend with family.
"We must do everything to ensure that security is
guaranteed, but our message is clear: we will not allow our way of life to be
taken away from us," added Maas.
According to reports, police are checking everyone going
into and out of the team hotel and there is a security cordon around the
the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us
on Twitter and like our Facebook page.