London - Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish criticised
Tottenham Hotspur over their pursuit of Wilfried Zaha on Friday, branding their
bid for the winger "ridiculous".
Parish claims to have rejected an offer of 12 million pounds
($15.9 million, 14 million euros) for the 23-year-old, who returned to Palace
from Manchester United in February 2015.
"We had a bid from Spurs, but 12 million pounds -- it's
ridiculous. I can't imagine that they're serious," Parish told talkSPORT
"There's no chance whatsoever of Wilfried Zaha leaving
the club in this transfer window. I can absolutely reassure every Palace fan he
is an integral part of our plans.
"We've told Spurs that there is really no point bidding
for him because he is going nowhere -- 100 percent guaranteed."
Also read: Zaha says photo was not slight on Moyes
Parish, who said he had not discussed the matter with Zaha,
added: "It's not right, really, that players get their heads turned.
"I was told the manager there (Mauricio Pochettino)
thinks he's the next Ronaldo. Well I'd like to get the next Ronaldo for 12
"We need to convince Wilfried that Palace is the right
place for him and that he can succeed here."
Ivory Coast-born Zaha, who has been capped twice by England,
signed for United from Palace in January 2013 in a deal that reportedly could
have been worth up to 15 million pounds.
But he failed to settle at Old Trafford and returned to
Palace last year.
Palace have lost their opening two Premier League fixtures
and host Bournemouth on Saturday.
For the latest on
national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and
like our Facebook page.