London - Tottenham Hotspur's Moussa Sissoko looks set for a
three-match ban after being charged by the FA for appearing to elbow
Bournemouth's Harry Arter in the face in Saturday's goalless draw.
Sissoko caught fellow midfielder Arter during the second
half at Bournemouth's Dean Court ground but escaped immediate sanction.
A Football Association statement on Monday said that as the
incident was not seen at the time by referee Craig Pawson or his linesmen,
Sissoko had been charged with violent conduct.
Spurs have until 6:00 pm (1700 GMT) on Tuesday to respond to
the charge, but manager Mauricio Pochettino indicated they would not contest
Also read: Sissoko in last-minute move from Newcastle
"We accept that. We have reviewed the video," said
Pochettino, ahead of Tottenham's visit to Liverpool in the fourth round of the
EFL Cup on Tuesday.
"After the game it was difficult when I was asked about
the action," the Argentine added. "It was true that it was difficult
for me to appreciate the situation of what happened.
"But when I saw it on TV I need to say there was no
intention but the elbow was in the face of Arter, that's clear.
"We accept the charge and now we need to move forward
and expect a three-match ban."
Arter responded angrily in the immediate aftermath of the
challenge, as players from both sides became involved in a scuffle, but he said
afterwards: "He caught me straight in the face and if you get hit in the
face anyone would have a reaction
"After the game he apologised. I'm not one to hold
grudges. He said sorry, he didn't mean (to do) it, so that's the end of it.
"It looks like he elbowed me but he apologised and said
it was an accident, so that's good to me."For
the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us
on Twitter and like our Facebook page.