Abuja - After mysteriously losing 21 pairs of socks, one dog owner could finally say with confidence that elves weren't living in their dryer.
That’s because their 3-year-old Great Dane finally got sick after eating sock number 43, the BBC reports.
When vets opened the gigantic dog’s stomach they said they were shocked as they removed sock after sock of all shapes and sizes.
They even sent the X-rays in to the “They Ate WHAT?” contest Veterinary Practice News runs and won third prize.
Only a frog who ate 30 rocks and a German pointer who swallowed a kebab skewer had stranger appetites than the mega-pooch.
Read more at BBC.
For the latest on national news, politics, sport, entertainment and more follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page.