United Nations - A small fire in the basement of the UN General Assembly building sent smoke into corridors on the lower floors of the UN complex before it was quickly put out.
UN spokesperson Vannina Maestracci said the fire was in the area of the gift shop and was "promptly put out by the UN fire unit and New York Fire Department." She said the preliminary investigation indicated that it was an electrical fire.
Also read: Mourners throng funeral of 7 Jewish children killed in New York fire
She said there was some water damage to the area.
The fire broke out on Sunday evening shortly after the UN Security Council held an emergency meeting on Yemen in an adjoining building.