London - The suspect at the centre of a three-hour
siege that shut down part of a busy section of central London on Friday
has been arrested, police said.
A shirtless man in green khaki
pants was seen being led out with his hands behind his back by two
unarmed officers. Armed officers followed behind.
Metropolitan Police said the 49-year-old man was in police custody and that searches of the building were ongoing.
media had claimed that the man was holding people captive, but police
said they were "not aware of any hostages at this stage".
eyewitness claimed earlier that the man had burst into the office of a
training company, saying he was ready to blow himself up.