Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.


Police contact Charles after new Diana murder claim

23 August 2013, 13:32

London - Prince Charles and Mohamed Al Fayed are being contacted by police as they assess claims that the SAS murdered Princess Diana, the Mail Online reported.

Scotland Yard said they are also getting in touch with Lord Justice Scott Baker, the judge who presided over the inquest into her death.

Diana, 36, Mr Al Fayed's son Dodi, 42, and chauffeur Henri Paul, 41, all died in a crash in Paris in August 1997.

Police are currently carrying out a "scoping exercise" as they look into claims that the trio were murdered by a member of the British Military.

They have not launched a full investigation.

New claims:

Citing a military source, Britain's domestic Press Association news agency said it understood the allegation was made by the former parents-in-law of an ex-soldier, based on information he had talked about in the past.

PA and Sky News television said the information had been passed to Scotland Yard by the Royal Military Police.

"The Metropolitan Police Service is scoping information that has recently been received in relation to the deaths and assessing its relevance and credibility," Scotland Yard said in a statement.

"The assessment will be carried out by officers from the specialist crime and operations command.

"This is not a re-investigation and does not come under Operation Paget."

Paget was the police inquiry into the numerous conspiracy theories surrounding the crash. It concluded that all the allegations it assessed were without foundation.

Scotland Yard said they were not prepared to discuss the matter further.

A royal spokesperson said there would be no comment on the matter from William or Harry, or from Charles's Clarence House office.


Read News24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.

Read more from our Users

Nigeria @ 56: Words to my green f...

A leader’s job is not to dictate, but rather to be respected, admired and be a trustee, of the land we love, with so much potential, a land which should be freer than free. Its still a long way to fufilling our destiny! Read more...

Submitted by
Isaac Asabor263
Recession: An opportunity for Nig...

The recession should be seen as an opportunity for the country’s promotion as long as we all collectively conduct ourselves in a patriotic manner, writes Isaac Asabor.  Read more...

Submitted by
Black and White

We want to imitate the whites in everything because we are ignorant of our inherent originality and content. We spend all our Naira to acquire his inventions because we so oblivious of our natural endowments that we allow him have it for free. Read more...

Submitted by
Nate Nat
Adamawa State University Mubi: A ...

ADSU integrity forum has accused the Sunday Joshua Wugira, a lawyer, of adopting unorthodox tactics by abusing his privilege by attacking the integrity of ADSU Vice Chancellor Dr. Moses Zira Zaruwa, writes a News24 reader. Read more...

Submitted by
Abdulsalam Jubril
My Country Nigeria (Part One)

Poetry by Abdulsalam Jubril.

Submitted by
Abdulsalam Jubril
Recession, dearth in leadership a...

Every leader has the opportunity to become great and making himself immortal in the lives and hearts of people for generations to come. Will Mr. President seize this opportunity?, questions Abdulsalam Jubril. Read more...