Seoul — South Korea has reported an 11th death from the MERS virus outbreak.
More than 120 people in South Korea have contracted Middle East respiratory syndrome since the country reported its first case last month. The outbreak has been contained only in hospitals but it has caused widespread fears and rumors.
Most of the deaths so far have been of people who had been suffering from pre-existing medical conditions, such as respiratory problems or cancer.
Also Read: Hong Kong testing two for MERS as worries grow
The Health Ministry says a 72-year-old MERS patient died on Friday.
A ministry statement says she had suffered pneumonia.
South Korean officials say the outbreak may have peaked. They say they're seeing a fewer number of new infections and that it's unlikely there would be another massive wave of outbreaks.