Riyadh - Saudi Arabia says a man has died from a new
respiratory virus related to SARS, bringing to 63 the deaths in the kingdom at
the centre of the outbreak.
The health ministry said on Friday the latest victim, a
19-year-old, died in the city of al-Kharj, southeast of Riyadh.
Two of his sisters are in hospital on suspicion they have
been infected with the virus.
If they prove to be positive, it would further raise the
number of people infected.
So far, 150 people have been infected in the kingdom
since September 2012.
The new virus is related to SARS, or severe acute
respiratory syndrome, which killed some 800 people in a global outbreak in 2003.
It belongs to a family of viruses that most often causes
the common cold.