Kathmandu - The US military began to withdraw its rescue and relief team from quake-hit Nepal Thursday, officials said.
The Joint Task Force 505 was "drawing down its earthquake relief operations," the embassy said, after more than 900 personnel were deployed in the wake of a 7.9 magnitude quake on April 25 that killed over 8,600 people.
Also Read: Stores reopen in Nepali capital after second quake
"We will continue to work closely with our Nepalese partners and USAID to ensure we meet the needs that may emerge," said the mission's commander, Lieutenant General John Wissler.
Six US citizens including four Marines were killed in a chopper crash last week during relief operations.