Lagos - A woman has died after eating a highly poisonous death cap mushroom that she cooked for a romantic meal with her husband, the Mirror reported.
The 56-year-old woman died after eating the foraged fungus, however her husband who also took ill, has improved and is in a stable condition.
Also read: Teacher involved in sex romp with student on her first day
The woman is believed to have picked the poisonous fungus, with her husband, near her home in Gerona, Spain. Thereafter the couple returned home to cook what they had found.
The woman then fell ill the next morning, after suffering multiple organ failure and died a few hours later in hospital.
For more on this story, visit the Mirror.