Westhoughton - A shopper had a nasty shock when hundreds of tiny spiders "flooded out" of a banana he had bought from a supermarket, USA Today reported.
Declan King, 22, of Westhoughton in England, bought the bag from his local Tesco Express store — and now he says he will never eat bananas again.
He said: “I buy them every day and I usually give them to Bailey, my baby boy, so he could have eaten them. I’m put off bananas now.”
King who put the banana bunch inside a plastic box, said the spiders started building a web inside the box.
King fears the spiders could be the deadly Brazilian wandering spider spieces, he returned the infested pack back to the store for testing.
A Tesco spokesman said: “We sell millions of bananas every week and our growers work hard to clean and inspect all the fruit carefully. However, given the freshness of our produce, this sort thing can happen on very rare occasions. We will update Mr. King on the findings of our investigation.”
- News24 Nigeria