Miami - US authorities announced the arrest Wednesday of a man they linked to the armed heist of nearly $5 million in gold bars from a tractor-trailer truck last year.
Adalberto Perez, 46, was arrested without incident in his hometown of Opa-Locka, Florida, the Federal Bureau of Investigation said in a statement.
The agency alleges that Perez was involved in the March 1, 2015 armed robbery, which occurred in North Carolina as the gold was being transported in a tractor-trailer truck.
Two gunmen overpowered two guards and made off with a haul valued at $4.9 million.
Also read: Tiger Woods posts video to rebut rumors of his demise
Miguel Bover, a Cuban, was sentenced in September to more than three years in prison after trying to sell gold bars to a pawn shop in Miami, which alerted the authorities.
The FBI said the case was still under investigation and a $25,000 reward remains on offer for information leading to the capture of any others involved.