Bamako - The chairman of the Brussels-based company that operates a luxury hotel in Mali's capital that was attacked by Islamic extremists last week says the hotel will re-open "as soon as possible."
Also read: 2 guards, 3 staff among Mali siege hotel dead - CEO
A statement posted to the website of the company, Rezidor Hotel Group, said Wolfgang M. Neumann met with the families of three hotel employees killed in Friday's attack that claimed 19 lives, offering "immediate emergency support."
The statement, dated Tuesday, said Neumann had been welcomed by President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita.
On Wednesday, Mali was set to conclude a three-day period of national mourning for those killed in the assault on the Radisson Blu hotel, the second attack claimed by Islamic extremists in Bamako this year.
Funerals for the dead hotel employees were scheduled to begin in the late afternoon.