Abuja - Family members of an elderly man have been left baffled after it was discovered that he had died while brewing alcohol in his own bathroom.
According to the Daily Mail, Ronald Matthews (72) was found submerged in the bath he had been using to boil homemade alcohol with a whopping 60% volume!
Matthews' grandson Hollis became concerned when he couldn't contact his grandfather and called the North Wales Police control room for assistance. After forcing their way into the pensioner's home, officials discovered his lifeless body - the first of many clues in a rather startling puzzle.
Also read: Angry mob forces thug to eat his own poo
Pathologist Dr. Mark Lord has since revealed what he believes to have been the cause of Matthews' untimely death - inhalation of deadly fumes.
While the old man brewed his lethal concoction, fumes from the substance would have filled the tiny space in the bathroom, causing him to lose consciousness and ultimately fall in the bath to his death.
"There was no sign of a struggle or that he tried to get out of the bath," Lord said.
Read more at the Daily Mail