Paris - A French anti-terrorist judge has charged three more men suspected of helping to arm the Islamist radical who crushed 86 people to death with a truck in Nice, a judicial source says.
The three, who were among 11 arrested on Monday in Nice and the western city of Nantes, were remanded into custody on Friday, said the source. The other eight have been released.
The three, aged 24, 31 and 36, were charged in relation to a terrorist plot.
The arrests come five months after Tunisian extremist Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel ploughed a 19-ton truck into a crowd on the Nice seafront, further traumatising a country reeling from a series of jihadist attacks.
The people from 19 different countries were watching a fireworks display on July 14, the Bastille Day public holiday. Over 400 people were injured.
Six people have already been charged so far over alleged links to the 31-year-old killer but investigators have yet to prove that any of them knew what he was planning.