Yaounde - Two female suicide bombers detonated their explosives in a town in north Cameroon, killing at least five people and injuring 12 others, a military official said on Saturday.
Colonel Jacob Kodji, who leads Cameroon troops fighting against Boko Haram, said two teenagers targeted a family and local shop in the town of Dabanga near Cameroon's northern border with Nigeria.
He said the suicide bombers were Nigerians who came to Cameroon as refugees. Cameroon has expelled thousands of refugees.
No group claimed responsibility for the attacks, though they are in line with others launched by Boko Haram which has expanded attacks into Cameroon, Chad and Niger - all countries contributing troops to a regional force intended to wipe out the extremists.
Also Read: Boko Haram claims suicide attack on Shiite Muslims
Boko Haram claimed responsibility on Saturday for a suicide bombing on a procession of hundreds of Shi'ite Muslims a day earlier in Nigeria and threatened more attacks.
Shi'ite leaders said at least 22 people died, including 21 who died at the scene of Friday's attack near the northern city of Kano, on the annual Arbaeen pilgrimage. One of 30 wounded people died later, they said.
Boko Haram published a photograph identifying the bomber as Abu Suleiman al-Ansari, in a posting on social media on Saturday as the West Africa Province of the Islamic State.
It did not refer to a second bomber, whom the Shi'ites said they captured before he could detonate his explosives. Muhammadu Turi, a member in the procession that continued on Saturday, said the man was being interrogated and providing "vital information".
Kano state police commissioner Muhammadu Katsina said he had no information about a second bomber