Nairobi - A Kenyan member of parliament is out in the cold after his house was razed in a "mysterious" fire in the east African country's capital Nairobi.
Property valued at millions of shillings was destroyed during the incident which took place at an apartment building, housing the family of Mbalambala MP Abdikadir Aden.
Mbalambala was a constituency in Garissa County in northern Kenya.
The Standard reported that the MP’s family ran out of the house as the fire raged from one room to the other, burning valuables.
No injuries were reported.
Nairobi police boss Japheth Koome said they were investigating the incident.
But according to Nairobi News, the fire was thought to have been a result of an electrical fault caused by a faulty water pumping system.
The MP was not home when the incident took place.
Watch video below.