Bangkok - A tourist who was bitten during a snake show in
southern Thailand will receive compensation, organisers said on Monday.
The 29-year-old Chinese tourist will receive $3 700 after being bitten on the nose by a non-poisonous python
during a show on the resort island of Phuket.
"We have settled the matter and the tourist has returned to her home
country," said Nisakorn Siriwat, a spokesperson for the Phuket
Biotechnology Institute, which organised the show.
The tourist was leaning in to kiss the snake, which was being handled
by trainers, when it struck and attached itself onto her face.
The woman was sent to a local hospital, where she received five
"Going forward, we will no longer let tourists play with or touch the
animals to avoid incidents like these," Nisakorn said.
WARNING: View at your own discretion