Bulawayo – Bulawayo's Zanu-PF youth branch says it has hired at least 76 buses to ferry party supporters to President Robert Mugabe's one million man march in Harare next week, a report said on Thursday.
According to New Zimbabwe, the ruling party’s Bulawayo youth leader Bornface Mushure, said that they were delighted to have managed to meet the target set by the ruling party’s national youth executive.
Mushure said the buses would leave the country's second biggest city on May 24, and would return soon after the march at the country's capital Harare.
"We don't want Bulawayo youths to be involved in any unruly behavior as this is an honour for president Mugabe," Mushure was quoted as saying.
Recent, local media reports claimed that each of the country’s ten provinces had to ferry at least 100 000 supporters to the controversial "one million man march" slated for May 25.
Kudzai Chipanga, National Deputy Secretary of the party, claimed that the march would function as a show of support for the long-standing president, who recently confirmed that he would be contesting the 2018 elections, health permitting.
Mugabe was set to be the guest of honour at the event, with Chipanga confirming that all supporters of the nonagenarian had been invited to attend.
- News 24